What would you like to save for? A new toy, ice creams, or your holidays? Or maybe you want to save up for driving lessons, or your first car when you are older? Whatever you want to save for, a Fusion junior savers account is an easy way to save.
Start your very own account, and save your pocket money, money from a part-time job, birthday and Christmas money into your account. It’s a great way to save up for what you want. Why not ask your family to add to your savings, and watch them grow! Here’s how:
|Weekly Saving||6 Months||1 year||3 years||5 years|
Junior savers accounts are free to open, and there’s no minimum deposit. They are available to children and young people under the age of 16 who live in the Lichfield or Cannock Chase District areas.
To open an account you’ll need to get permission from your parents or guardian, who will then become the trustee of your account.
- There are no minimum deposit amounts. The most you can save is £10,000.
- You can pay your savings in at a local collection point.
- Your trustee (or other adult) can pay into your account by standing order direct from their bank or building society.
- You can withdraw your money at any point, but you will need to give us 7 days notice.
- You may receive an annual dividend payment.
Join today! Pop in to your local collection point and talk to a member of our friendly team.
Here’s how to open a Junior Savings Account:
1. Your trustee needs to download the Junior Membership Application Form. (You may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader™).
2. Complete all sections.
3. Sign and date the application form.
4. We’ll need to see identification for both the junior saver and the trustee (see below for details).
5. Take the completed application form to one of the collection points together the identification documents (see below for details).
6. You will also need to bring with you at least £1 savings to open the account.
- The junior saver will receive a savings book which is then updated with the balance of account at each transaction.
- A junior savers account is a great way to see your / your child’s savings build.
- Anyone up to the age of 16 can open a junior savers account.
- It can then be transferred to an adult account to continue saving until the age of 18, when full membership services would be available to them.
Proof of Identity
By law all new members must provide their date of birth and separate documentary evidence confirming their identity and confirming their current address. All personal details are treated confidentially. If you have any questions, please contact us for advice.
- Examples of forms of identification for the junior saver are a birth certificate or passport.
- Examples of forms of identification for the trustee are a birth certificate or passport, as well as proof of address, such as a council tax or current utility bill. If the trustee is an existing member of Fusion this will not be required.
Fusion Credit Union Ltd is Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England and Wales No. IP00717C.