Here’s how to open a Junior Savings Account:
1. Your trustee needs to download the Junior Membership Application Form. (You may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader™).
2. Complete all sections.
3. Sign and date the application form.
4. We’ll need to see identification for both the junior saver and the trustee (see below for details).
5. Take the completed application form to one of the collection points together the identification documents (see below for details).
6. You will also need to bring with you at least £1 savings to open the account.
- The junior saver will receive a savings book which is then updated with the balance of account at each transaction.
- A junior savers account is a great way to see your / your child’s savings build.
- Anyone up to the age of 16 can open a junior savers account.
- It can then be transferred to an adult account to continue saving until the age of 18, when full membership services would be available to them.
Proof of Identity
By law all new members must provide their date of birth and separate documentary evidence confirming their identity and confirming their current address. All personal details are treated confidentially. If you have any questions, please contact us for advice.
- Examples of forms of identification for the junior saver are a birth certificate or passport.
- Examples of forms of identification for the trustee are a birth certificate or passport, as well as proof of address, such as a council tax or current utility bill. If the trustee is an existing member of Fusion this will not be required.