We want to thank all those who have given help and encouragement since April 2000.
In particular, the following who have provided financial, as well as other, help:
- Lichfield District Council
- Lichfield City Council
- Cannock Chase District Council
- Burntwood Town Council
- Lichfield Conduit Lands Trust
- Staffordshire Community Foundation
- Staffordshire County Council
- Burntwood Chase Partnership
- Burntwood Chase Community Action
- Focus Housing Group
- Bromford Group
- Fazeley Town Council
- Armitage with Handsacre Parish Council
- Local county councillors (through the Local Members Initiative Scheme)
Other valuable help and support has been provided by:
- Lichfield & District CVS (Lichfield & District Community & Voluntary Sector Support)
- South East Staffordshire Citizens Advice Bureau
- Burntwood Lichfield and Tamworth Primary Care Trust
- The Curborough Community Association
- Association of British Credit Unions Limited (ABCUL)
- Walsave Credit Union
- Money Spider Credit Union
- The Cooperative Group
- Midlands Cooperative Society Limited
- Michael Lowes & Associated Charities
- The North Lichfield Initiative
The original steering committee, set up by Lichfield District Council, to develop the credit union asked local secondary schools to propose a logo. Nether Stowe and The Friary schools responded. The council’s communications team helped to refine the concept, which represented the four areas the council wanted the credit union to focus on – Fazeley, Armitage with Handsacre, and parts of Burntwood and Lichfield.
The result was the simple shield with the four quadrants. The colour green was chosen to avoid mainstream political implications.
We are also indebted to the hundreds of individuals who completed support forms and all others who have supported us.